Friday, January 29, 2016

Spray-painted Acorns

Awhile back I was trolling one of my friend's blogs and she put up a post on creative ideas for Autumn decorating and this one caught my eye. It is her Mercury-Glass Acorns and they were so cute and easy to do, that I just had to try them!



Every year my husband's family goes apple picking and when we went this past year (I keep forgetting it's 2016!), I went with a purpose: I was going to get me some authentic acorns right from the source! I sort of stuck to that idea... I actually picked most of them off the ground, but they were in excellent condition and I managed to get a whole paper bag's worth :) When I got home, I had to sort out the good from the bad (cracked, holes, etc.) and then decide how many I was going to want to have. I settled on spray-painting some and leaving the natural color on others; I also used two colors of silver: a shiny one and a regular matte gray color. Here's how they turned out:

Before
Matte Gray
Silver
In the end, I used both in small glass vases with tea lights and placed them around the house for ambiance. Thanks for the idea Justine :)

1 comment: