Friday, April 17, 2015

Life Changes

So sorry I haven't posted anything the past week... I recently started this temp job that has me working full-time and I haven't had much time for crafts :( Thankfully I did finish a huge project that I have been working on for like a month! (I will debut it in my next post)

I had our sister missionaries over for dinner this week and as part of it, they asked me what one of the most special moments I have had while going to investigator lessons. One of the best was when we met with Ivy* (name has been changed) after she had discussed some concerns that she was having about things in our religion's past. Things that she didn't understand and things that she didn't agree with. Frankly, I was concerned that she was going to use these things as her reason for not progressing in the Gospel or worst, use them as her reason for turning against God.

When we met with her and asked how she felt after she had prayed on it, she said the most amazing thing to us. She said, " I don't agree with what had happened and I don't know why it can't be explained to me, but I am not going to let that be the reason I stop progressing. I know that I am going to keep trying to understand and keeping looking for the answer, but whether I get that answer now, in 50 years or at the gates of Heaven, I don't want to let it stand in my way. I am at peace with it."

I cried... so many people in the world seem to find the one thing wrong with something or one thing that they just can't give up or get over and they let it drive a wedge between them and God. I wish she knew how much of an inspiration she was to me at that moment.

My 30th birthday is tomorrow and as I look back on my life changes I have noticed that even at my worst, I still had Christ. I could always pray. As I look forward to many new things changing in my life, I want one of them to be that I grew closer to my Heavenly Father. I want to be a better friend, sister, mother, wife and daughter of God. I want to be at peace with those things that I can't change.


                                                         Happy 30th Birthday to Me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment