Friday, April 3, 2015

Idea into Creation

One of the changes that I am making in my life is trying to get a little more creative about things around me. Sadly, we are living with my parents right now, so there isn't a whole lot of room to branch out and do my own thing most of the time. However, this lack of space (and sometimes privacy) does allow for me to see things in a whole new light and purpose.

You know how the old saying goes: "Recycle, Renew, Reuse"... that's my new mantra. And though I tend to lack in the creativity department (hence the title of my blog), there is luckily an endless supply of other people's ideas out there (thank you Pinterest!!!) that I can use and try to make them my fit for me and my family.

One such idea was taken from an ad in Martha Stewart or BHG or one of those awesome home improvement magazines. I wish I still had the ad, but my Baby A got to it before I could stop her. Anyway, it showed a beautiful metal table with two chairs in this pretty green color in the middle of a forest with leaves all around it... awww. Peaceful right? Well, my table was a little worse for wear and was in desperate need of a makeover, so I figured, "Why not?"


Enter my multi-layered rust spotted table! Not much to look at at first, and even that got uglier once I started using a wire brush on it to take off the who knows how many layers of paint from previous years :( It had seen too many outdoor beatings of rain, wind storms, and general California sun and was in sad shape... but nothing that a can of spray paint couldn't fix :)

Ready for it's paint job!
 The entire time I was scrubbing this thing, I was trying to think of the how I wanted to paint it. I definitely didn't want forest green or silver or anything and as I was rummaging through my parent's collection of spray paint, I happened upon this little beauty from a project a few years ago!

Here goes nothing!
I know it might look green in the photo, but it is actually this super awesome teal color... I was super excited too because it was a full can (which means no running to the store halfway thru the project!) Here are the before and after shots:
Before

After
I couldn't have been more excited for the end result! Now this once neglected table has new life! Here is a close-up of the details and color on the table top:

SO PRETTY!!!
The best part about this whole project was it didn't cost me anything except some elbow grease:) Thank you for the idea home improvement magazine!!! I hope this idea-turned-creation helps you look at something different around your house/apartment/thrift store and see the potential in it. Have a great day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment