Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dress it up

I was cleaning/organizing all my pins on Pinterest and I came across this one that I had posted forever ago and thought that since I had all the ingredients (super short list of them!) that I wanted to try it for myself. It originally came from this blog called The Garden Grazer and she totally paired it with this delicious looking southwest cobb salad :)

This looked so good! I didn't make mine with the salad, but instead wanted to use the dressing by itself for veggies or something. So I got all my ingredients together (I listed them below or you can click on the picture for the link to the original website) and just dived right in!


Here is the list of things you need if you want to follow along:

1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt

Going through the directions was pretty simple and straightforward... there wasn't much for me to mess up, but somehow I did :( I unfortunately put just a little too much lime juice in mine so I had to overcompensate with (and this was my husband's suggestion) sour cream. It actually helped! I also didn't cut up my avocado and pieces of it were getting stuck in the bottom of the blender, so if you don't have rockin' Ninja Bullet, I would highly suggest cutting it in either chunks or slices. I posted some photos below of what it looked like prior to hitting the puree button on the blender:


Before


After
The only thing that I was a little sad about was it didn't make nearly the amount that I thought it would... but I guess that's a good thing since I messed it up :) I would just make a note that if you are trying this and want to make enough to cover a salad: definitely double the whole recipe. This little container is how much you will get with the directions above. It was totally delicious and definitely worth trying!!! Hope you get a chance to make some of your own... thanks Garden Grazer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment