Monday, August 17, 2015

Candlestick Holders Revived

Good Morning All! This project is from a couple days ago when I was on a total roll with all my DIY projects. Remember how I said that my amazing husband had rescued several things from his grandmother's trash haul a few weeks back? I got the wooden crate, the metal tub, and these:

Before Scrub

After Scrub
These candlestick holders were in really good shape, but had lots of cobwebs and junk inside of them and were in need of a desperate wash and scrub. Thankfully there wasn't any rust on them (another good thing about no rain in CA) and they just needed a new color to call their own :)


Yay for my trusty spray paint collection! I decided to go with the same silver that I used on the hardware for my sister's jewelry box because I really wanted them to stand out. Even halfway done, they already look amazing! Here is the complete before and after:

Before

After
Always amazing what a coat (or two...or three...) of spray paint will do! Since I wasn't sure where I was going to use them at (not much needed in 90 degree heat) I have placed them in front of the house for a pop of color until they are required. I am seeing them get a lot of use this fall :) For now, they hold a pretty candle that smells like Caribbean Sunset or something summery like that... Bye for now!!!


The Final Reveal

No comments:

Post a Comment