Thursday, September 10, 2015

Adirondack chair for my Little A

So like most of your lives, mine has gotten pretty busy over the past few weeks. I started this project probably about two months ago and actually finished it last month, but it has taken me awhile to get the pictures together so that I can show you everything that I did.

My sister actually found this Adirondack chair set that someone was discarding and totally scooped it up... she knew that it would be a perfect fit for my little A (thanks sis!). Here are some before shots:



For the most part, the wood was in great condition and there weren't any missing pieces or anything like that :) I did have to tighten down some bolts because it was a bit wobbly, but all in all, a great find! Here is what it looked like after using a power sander (and a paint stripper!!!) to remove the faded white paint:



After a few hours of elbow work to get off as much paint as possible and to make the whole set nice and smooth, it was finallly ready for a new coat of... what else?... spray paint!!! You guys probably think I have a whole room full of the stuff, but in reality it is just a small tub :) This time around though, I went out and bought (gasp!) two cans of gray paint because I knew I didn't have enough on hand to get the job done. This was my inspiration for the color:


This piece of granite tile was left over from a project that my parents did in their house and it just so  happen to be the perfect size for the side table that came in the set :) It was a good thing that I bought two cans, because that wood absorbed a lot of it and I was down to fumes in both cans to cover all three pieces of furniture. In the end though, it turned out marvelous! After shots:


Even though I put the tile on top, I did end up spray painting the entire top of the table just in case. I also coated the bottom of all the pieces (that's where the spray paint fumes went) so that from any angle, none of that ugly white would show through. Remember, there is nothing better than free stuff and a little spray paint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment