Monday, July 6, 2015

Plant Stand Side Table

It seems like there is a never-ending stream of projects around my house right now. Today I want to share a quick update that I recently did to my side table. I originally had a regular brown table next to my bed and while it was really pretty, it didn't exactly offer the storage options I was looking for. So like most situations, I looked outside of the norm at furniture both around the house and outside the house. That's when I stumbled onto this plant stand that my mom was using.



My little helping me :)
 It was rusting away in the corner of her garden, so I asked her if I could use it. She said sure, but only if I replaced it with something else... done! (I put an old shelf unit in a different spot to hold her plants and to keep the shelf safe from other elements of nature). Here are some pictures of the metal shelf in it's somewhat decrepit state:




Thankfully the most this project required was some scrubbing with a wire brush and a good coat of white spray paint to make it new again.





I have since added a piece of leftover granite tile to the bottom wire shelf to make it look nice :) This night stand fits some much better in our cramped little room and holds everything I need while looking pretty and stream-lined at the same time! What is the most interesting piece of furniture you have found to use for something other than what it was intended? I would love some new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment